Apple Augmented Reality by Tutorials, 2nd Edition
Up to date for Xcode 13, Swift 5.4 & iOS 15
The best book to learn how to build realistic and immersive AR experiences for the Apple platform.
Learn Augmented Reality for the Apple Platform!
This book is the easiest and fastest way to get hands-on experience using Apple frameworks and technologies like Reality Composer, RealityKit, and ARKit — all the available rendering technologies Apple has to offer, as well as a collection of fun projects for creating various real-world AR experiences.
After reading this book, you’ll have a deep understanding of the technologies and frameworks used to create powerful, immersive AR experiences for the Apple platform.
Take a deep dive into:
- AR Quick Look: Discover how to integrate AR Quick Look into your apps to give them some cool AR superpowers.
- Reality Composer & Reality Files: Find out how to leverage the power of Reality Composer to create interactive AR-based experiences.
- Reality Converter & PBR Materials: Discover how PBR materials can add a level of realism to your AR objects, and how you can use Reality Converter to convert, view and customize USDZ content.
- RealityKit: Find out how to set up and use RealityKit to build a face-based augmented reality app.
- Facial Blend Shapes: Build a fully interactive augmented reality face mask that reacts to your facial expressions using blend shapes.
- ARKit: Get a complete introduction to ARKit, Apple’s framework for creating fully interactive augmented reality, and learn about the different types of rendering options available with ARKit.
- Raycasting & Physics: Learn about raycasting, 2D hit-testing and the SpriteKit physics engine as you add more features and functionality to your game.
- ECS & Collaborative Experiences: Build a collaborative AR experience and learn how to create and manage a multipeer connection.
Who is this book for
This book is for beginner to intermediate iOS developers who already know the basics of Swift development and are looking to build immersive AR experiences for the Apple platform.
Concepts covered in this book
- Reality Composer & Reality Files
- Reality Converter & PBR Materials
- Facial Blend Shapes
- Raycasting & Physics
- ECS & Collaborative Experiences
This content was originally published here.